Residential & Commercial Construction
Martin Construction & Design, LLC has been in business since 1997 and is licensed in Commercial Building construction, Public Works and Residential Building Construction.
Kathy Martin, owner, has been in the construction industry since 1983 working for various architectural and engineering firms as well as construction firms before opening her business in 1997. Initially upon opening her business, Kathy performed project management services for architects, contractors and owners before acquiring her contractor’s licenses.
Kathy has a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management as well as hands on field experience as a carpenter. She has moved through the ranks of field work into supervision and eventually ownership. Martin Construction & Design provides the owner with the best price for quality work, full time supervision and carpentry work as well as project management and estimating.
Martin Construction & Design was responsible for project management on several high profile buildings in the Shreveport area including the Shreveport Regional Airport, Bossier City Civic Center, Fiest Weiller Cancer Center, Renovations to LSUHSC Emergency Room and Harrah’s Hotel and Casino (now Sam’s Town). Martin Construction & Design also has a long list of successfully completed construction projects, both commercial and residential.
A list of current and recently completed projects within the last few years is:
- John Preston House – Renovation and Addition
Under construction but has already won
2017 Louisiana Institute of Architect’s award
- Private Residence Shreveport, LA – Remodel kitchen, new cabinets and flooring
- Private Residence Benton, LA – Addition of Spa, Exercise room and living quarters
- 81st Street Ceiling Repairs Shreveport, LA – Installation of new ceiling and LED fixtures
- Claiborne Elementary Shreveport, LA – Remodel
- La. Spine Institute Shreveport, LA – Remodel
- Ridgewood and Youree Drive Schools Shreveport, LA – Installation of new auditorium seating
- Bergeron’s Boudin and Cajun Meat Market Bossier City, LA – Design Build 4000 SF
Kitchen + Retail space
2018 Gold Nugget Award of Merit Winner
Best On the Boards Custom Home
John S. Preston House (11-.5290)
Builder: Martin Construction & Design
Architect: COE Architecture International
Planner: COE Architecture International
Interior Design: COE Architecture International
Photographer: same as architect
2017 Honor Award, Unrealized | COE Architecture | Preston House
Martin Construction + Design, LLC
318.459.2030 P 318.459.2032 F
License #89235 & #42637